At Strata-G, we define significance by the extraordinary people we hire, the relationships we build with our clients, and the positive impact we make in the community. Our team of intellectually curious and highly motivated engineers, scientists and business professionals engages with our clients to solve complex energy and environmental challenges around the world.
We are driven by our values to create a culture of significant and positive change for our clients and the world.
We Care We treat our customers and employees as we wish to be treated. Integrity We are honest and ethical in every endeavor. Service We continuously strive to please our customers and to exceed their expectations. Quality We maintain a culture of continuous improvement. Safety We hold paramount the safety and health of our associates, our customers, the public, and the environment. Innovation We develop creative solutions to better serve our customers. Attitude We maintain a positive attitude and value humor. Outreach We share the results of our successes with the community.
Strata-G is seeking an experienced USQD Evaluator with the following:
• Implements and maintains compliance with the Unreviewed Safety Question Determination (USQD) program as required by 10 CFR 830 Subpart B.
• Stops work without fear of reprisal for unsafe conditions potentially affecting personnel safety or environmental risk.
• Reviews drafts of Work Packages, procedures, facility modifications, and other documents for impacts to the safety basis and integration of the SA into facility activities.
• Identifies and escalates potential USQ issues to facility management.
• Attends Plan of the Day / Plan of the Week meetings, job planning sessions, walkdowns, Data Review Committee Meetings and pre job briefs as necessary in support of facility operations.
• Develops USQDs and USQD Screens and provides training on the USQ process and recommends changes to the USQD procedure.
• Assists in obtaining DOE approval for positive USQDs.
• Maintains a log of USQD and USQD Screens and maintains USQD training media.
• Develops annual USQD report for submittal to DOE.
• Supports the execution of Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS) guiding principles and core functions.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Baccalaureate in engineering or related science.
• Minimum of 2 years job-related experience, of which 1 year is nuclear.
• Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access t o
classified information or matter.
• US citizenship is required for position.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Strong communication, verbal and written skills.
• Ability to communicate complex technical and regulatory issues.
• Ability to work independently.
Strata-G will not sponsor applicants for immigrant or non-immigrant work visas. The successful candidate will be required to submit evidence of identity and employment authorization. Tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10 CFR 707.4, will be conducted by Strata-G and a background investigation by the Federal government may be required to obtain an access authorization prior to employment. Strata-G is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veteran or disabled status.