At Strata-G, we define significance by the extraordinary people we hire, the relationships we build with our clients, and the positive impact we make in the community. Our team of intellectually curious and highly motivated engineers, scientists and business professionals engages with our clients to solve complex energy and environmental challenges around the world.
We are driven by our values to create a culture of significant and positive change for our clients and the world.
We Care We treat our customers and employees as we wish to be treated. Integrity We are honest and ethical in every endeavor. Service We continuously strive to please our customers and to exceed their expectations. Quality We maintain a culture of continuous improvement. Safety We hold paramount the safety and health of our associates, our customers, the public,and the environment. Innovation We develop creative solutions to better serve our customers. Attitude We maintain a positive attitude and value humor. Outreach We share the results of our successes with the community.
Strata-G is seeking the following:
Structural engineer to support the Chief Engineer, Project Engineer, and the Engineering Program as necessary and assigned.
• Performs engineering calculations, prepares specifications, performs analyses, performs testing, issues reports and maintains related data
• Experienced in structural inspection
• Maintains liaison with design and drafting groups
• Prepares, reviews and approves drawings as required
• Advises the Project Engineer and Engineering Manager about status of assignment(s) with respect to schedule, budgets, delays and adverse problems
• Ensures quality, quantity and completeness of the assigned engineering tasks
• Plans and schedules engineering efforts associated with assigned project
• Maintains timely and accurate oral and written technical reports regarding assigned engineering activities
• Understands and uses computer software and applications associated with engineering assignments
• Continually upgrades technical knowledge and capabilities and pursues additional coursework and training
• Complies with company’s safety awareness program, office and/or field safety policies
• BS in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent
• 7+ years of relevant experience required
• Technical knowledge of related engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering and construction
methods and materials, and engineering application of computers
• Ability to anticipate change and adjust promptly and effectively
• Proven ability to manage multiple work scopes between self-performed work and subcontracted work
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Functional with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook software
• Possess or have ability to obtain a "Q" clearance
• Previous experience at DOE facilities
* Experience with STAAD is desired.
* Professional Engineer License preferred.